Who knew when I woke up this morning I would be putting up my christmas tree? I just needed a little Christmas Cheer. I LOVE Christmas. The music, the shopping, the whole atmosphere. I think we often forget why we celebrate this wonderful holiday. I admit I am so gulity of this as well. I have a poem that I got in seminary my senior year of highschool thats titled The Stranger. It helps me remember the reason for the season if you will. It talks about a man walking through a mall at Christmas time wondering what is going on. Why the children are waiting to see santa & the hustling of shoppers going to & fro. It ends with the stranger closing a nail pierced hand and saying something like they still don't understand. It always helps me get back to the meaning of Christmas. Who wouldn't love celebrating the birth of our Savior? So, yes I do have my tree up & yes it is the week before Thanksgiving, but we all need a little Christmas Cheer, don't ya think?
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Your tree looks great!!! I like that poem...its a good one!
We also have all the Christmas decor out and I love it! The kids just kept asking until I decided just to do it! It seems like it gets chaotic sometimes with all the present giving, but it is so great to have a holiday that brings the family together. I just enjoy the time togother so much more the older I get! Your tree looks fabulous! Stacey
Post a Comment