Monday, February 23, 2009

It could only happen to me...

Meet George.....
George comes to the pharmacy every day. Not once not twice, usually 3 times a day. He buys a rootbeer or orange crush & 2 candy bars each time he comes in. He also brings us his left over chips & salsa from Mi Ranchito EVERY DAY. George is, how do I say, crazy. There really is no other word I can think of to describe him. He is also a tad forgetful. He always has a story or a joke, but it's a story or a joke we have all heard many many times before. Why, you ask am I introducing you to George? Well, funny thing happend today at work. He came in for his regular visits, & later he called & asked to speak to me. I was busy at the time, but unfortunatley he caught me later. Here's the kicker....He called to ask me to go get a Steak dinner. You got it, he asked me out on a date. Speechless for a moment, I totally and blatently lied telling him my boyfriend wouldn't like it if I went out with him. Maybe not the best way to handle the situation, but at the time it seemed to be. I know this is the worst thing that could happen, but it seems like these things only happen to me.

4 comments:

KW said...

I am still laughing so hard at this. I can't believe he actually asked you out. The bad thing is he is so forgetful, I am sure it won't be the last time.

Topham Family said...

I know this guy...he used to come visit us at the mall all the time when I worked there. I think he asked out all the girls I worked with including myself a few times as well. Good luck with that, totally know how you feel! :)

Teri said...

Hil, I just found your blog! I was getting the update on Max Trenholm and there you were! Just wanted to say hi. Your blog is cute by the way. E mail me.

Teri Leavitt

Teresa Jordan said...

Hilary. That is so funny! You poor thing. I love reading your blog!!!