Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Camping we will go!

This past weekend I went camping with the Fam. Heather & Greg have property down in Salina Canyon(not really sure that is the real name of it, but thats what I know it by), so we headed down for a weekend away. Heather, Greg, Lindz, Becca, Amber & Justin, Me, Sue, Greg's dad & his wife made up the group.

This is the Group getting ready for our 70 mile trek. We bug sprayed up, slathered ourselves with sunscreen & we were off. We had only a few minor set backs along the way...my personal fave was the cow poop, yes thats right, cow poop that ended up on my foot. We were riding along listening to the ipod & I feel something wet hit my foot. I'm thinking mud or water, we had passed a few puddles. Boy, was I was wrong! I looked down & there it was all over my foot. It didn't get on Lindz who was driving, just me. I couldn't get her attention so I had to wait till we stopped to regroup to inform them of my misfortune. Lucky for me we packed the baby wipes!

We got about 30 to 40 miles into the loop when we came to a road block. There was a huge snow drift in the road. After much debate we turned around & headed back the way we came. It didn't turn out to be a bad thing. Sue was able to get the pics she missed on the way up! Sunday it was more fun on the wheelers! We went to the monument for Jack Addley, a miner who was struck by lightning on his horse. Sadly neither one made it, hence the reason for the monument. We ended our ride at scotumpah(so not the way its spelled), to wade in the water for a bit. We were sad we didn't have our suits & floaties. On the way back, I was able to stop and see Paul & Stace at their little piece of heaven in the mountains. It was so fun to see them down there. Next time we will have to get together & play! It was such a great weekend, it was sad to have to come home.

0 comments: