Thursday, July 24, 2008

Girls Camp. . .

This past couple of days I've been to Girl's Camp. The chanting, the skits, trying to find girls after lights out, the zip line, the rain, the scorching days. . .we did it all. We left bright & early monday to head up to Heber to Aspen lakes for our 2 1/2 days of camp. There was a lake for the girls to play in, with canoes, a zip line, & paddle boat. They all loved the water. They even talked some of the leaders into going on the zip line. I'm proud to say that yes I did it. I have to admit though, the only reason I did is because after climbing up the ladder for our zip line duty i was so not climbing back down! It was pretty fun even though the moss clung to me as I got out of the water. YUCK!!! That night we treated our girls to pedicures & manicures. They got to soak, lotion, & polish. It was fun to see them chatting & relaxing & enjoying being together. The next day I got to test out my dutch oven "skills". The bishopric came up & were treated to a delicious meal prepared by Laurie(my life saver at camp. She took care of all the food and all that comes with it. Thanks Laurie you are the best.) I made the dessert & I have to say it was tasty. By the time we got everything cleaned up & were ready for bed, we felt like we had been there for ten days instead of 2. We didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night...thanks to the lightning pouring rain. I guess it wouldn't be girls camp if it didn't rain.

I have to give props to the leaders that went with me. I couldn't have done it without their help.

3 comments:

Paul and Stacey said...

Hil-
You are a trooper! It looks like you had a fun time. Now you can have a stress-free summer! Stacey

KW said...

I am so glad you survived...

Steph said...

f course I remember you and I do recall, some of those memories involved girls camp too! Crazy how nothing really changes (girl's camp will always be. . .)! Anyway, it looks like you are living an extremely fun and full life! Isn't blogging the best? How else would I be able to catch up with you after all these years! Thanks for stalking my blog. I'm sure I will be checking in on you too from time o time. How awesome that you went to that Stephenie Meyer shin dig! That looked awesome! I wish I could have a really great dream one night and turn it into a million dollar enterprise! Maybe someday! Anyway, happy to hear from you!