The other day at work I answered the phone to a little old lady who needed some refills. So after giving me her number for the rx's she needed, she told me she needed some over the counter items. She started listing them for me. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, some vitamins, eyedrops, and a few other things. I was just about to hang up when she remembered one more item. She told me she needed some "ferocious" sulfate. I paused for a sec or two & said, "you need some ferrous sulfate." She replied, "yes, I need some 'ferocious' sulfate." I giggled & told her we would put it with her other items. Working in a pharmacy we hear a lot of unusual ways to pronounce things. I will have to say this is by far the best yet!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
The things people say...
The other day at work I answered the phone to a little old lady who needed some refills. So after giving me her number for the rx's she needed, she told me she needed some over the counter items. She started listing them for me. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, some vitamins, eyedrops, and a few other things. I was just about to hang up when she remembered one more item. She told me she needed some "ferocious" sulfate. I paused for a sec or two & said, "you need some ferrous sulfate." She replied, "yes, I need some 'ferocious' sulfate." I giggled & told her we would put it with her other items. Working in a pharmacy we hear a lot of unusual ways to pronounce things. I will have to say this is by far the best yet!
Posted by Hilary at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You never told me that! That is hilarious!!!
Sounds like an interesting day you had!!! Good times...
Funny! I miss retail just because of the little old ladies and the dirty old men! They provided priceless entertainment! LOL!
Stacey
Post a Comment