Monday, August 11, 2008

Salem Days!

Me & LindzJared & Kristin-recently engaged...Congrats
Our most awesome float Close up of float & helpers
Becca & her softball team.
Dreams do come true. . . who would have thought that I would be in a parade? Brent had hopes & dreams of his own & so became the Salem Pharmacy float. I roped Lindz into helping us. Who wouldn't want a free t-shirt right? We handed out water & candy, and can I say people were going crazy for the water. I have never seen anything quite like it. Note to parade goers everywhere....if you are sitting in the sun watching a parade, bring something to drink.
After a hot fun filled day of festivities & homeade Cafe Rio-Heather is amazing-we headed to the pagent. After sitting through the pagent anticipating the awesome fireworks to come the thunder & lightning hit. For those of you who know & love Sue, you mite know of her aversion to these very things. She wasn't the only one who wanted to head for home. It was a good thing we did because as soon as we got home....it started pouring rain. Sad to say we did not get to see the fireworks this year.
PS. I totally stole those top 2 pics from Kristin's blog. Hope she doesn't mind

0 comments: