Saturday, August 9, 2008

You're going to HOLLYWOOD!

Hollywood Blvd was pretty cool. . .not entirely what I expected it to be, but still cool. The sign on the hill always looks so big in the movies, but it's pretty tiny. I zoomed in as far as my camera would go & this is what we got.
Gotta love the palm trees!
Across from the Kodak theater was the EL Capitan disney theater & the soda fountain. We all know i'm a sucker for disney so of course I went in. We won't mention the gift shop & how much of my money I left there.
I had to take a pic on the walk of fame. So many stars....so little time
You can't see the name in this one so I took the one below. How many 1 L'd Hilarys do you find?

This is for Lindz who loves Tim!

The Kodak! This is where the finale of American Idol is filmed along with lots of other award ceremonies.

This is also where I got acosted by Elmo. Who knew that a cute furry red creature would cause such discomfort. Let me back up just a bit. . .on the walk of fame there are people who dress up and charge to have there picture taken with people. We are talking batman, the tinman, elmo, Captain Jack Sparrow, some crazy man in a loin cloth just to mention a few. So there I was just walking down the street avoiding eye contact with all the crazies minding my own business when elmo comes up and grabs me. Never have I been so uncomfortable being hugged in my life. I kinda froze and just stood there while elmo told me he loved me. AWKWARD! Other than that I was a total tourist & loved every minute of it.

4 comments:

KW said...

That is hilarious. Who knew Elmo could be so weird!

Prisbreys' said...

Hilary, It was me in the Elmo Suite yeah I am a little crazy for you...LOL Hey looks like you had a great time.
Kirsten

Paul and Stacey said...

I want to go to Wicked. I am totally jealous and wish I could have tagged along with you! Too bad about Elmo, but your description of the encounter made me laugh! Stacey

Paul and Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.